Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Positively Powerful


Well, I finally got sick and tired of the hodgepodge additions I was making to an antiquated power panel on Eclipse but was at a loss to figure out what I could do to neaten things up. One day, while surfing the waters of the internet, I came across a power panel strip that I really liked. This one has circuit breakers rather than fuses and comes with the now standard but very annoying blue LED lights that can alternatively be used as runway beacons at major airports. The wiring was neater than before and the configuration of two panels allowed me to dump the SPST switches I had daisy chained on to the panel prior. A much better solution indeed. I carried over the idea of using custom made "bus bars" for the ground (negative) connection that I fashioned out of aluminum on the band saw and then drilled and tapped for screws. Sometimes it takes enough frustration to initiate change. I like this change for the better and I feel much relieved to have the antiquated jury-rigged fuse based panel OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Days 36-38, August 4-6. Homeward bound

Exiting the New River near low is rather exciting. The whole estuary funnels through a narrow channel and can reach high speeds with rapids...