Pages

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Sweet Dreams Are Made of These


Sleeping onboard Eclipse was a comfortable affair last night. The onboard, diesel fueled central heating pumped out copious quantities of thermally excited air. T'was toasty. We may need a larger fuel can than the one gallon container however. New mattress was created using 3" of medium firm foam with a 1" layer of soft foam on top. Very comfortable indeed. Mattress store wanted $650 to create what we desired. Mail order bulk foam that we cut and glued to shape ran $100. Getting everything in place and working out all of the kinks is paramount prior to departure on an extended trip.







1 comment:

  1. Hi Guys! I've really enjoyed your documentation of your mods. I've been busy modding my own 26S recently but I'm not going nearly as far as you have gone. It's so fun to see what others have dones with these boats. I've got a ways to go to get mine where I want it but I'm making good headway. Most of my recent documentation is on my normal FB pages so I really should get it all in one place as you have done. Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Days 36-38, August 4-6. Homeward bound

Exiting the New River near low is rather exciting. The whole estuary funnels through a narrow channel and can reach high speeds with rapids...